• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Moving pics to different folders in gallery?

csteele

Lurker
Aug 12, 2010
Hi, I'm a photographer so I have the need for several different folders in my gallery for various reasons. So far the only way I have found to move pics between folders is to go: my files>dcim>folder with pic I want to move>long press>select move>select new folder>select move here

One at a time. Are you kidding me?

So my questions are:

1. Is there a quicker and easier way to move several pics to different folders?
2. Is there a way to select a folder before I start taking pics so that all the pics I'm about to take go into that folder?
3. Is there a better gallery out there that allows for all of this if the stock one doesn't?

It really seems like I should be able to quickly and easily do what I want from within the gallery. Like a simple drag and drop type of thing. I will be amazed if this isn't there, but I can't find it.

Thanks for any help.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones