• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Moxier World clock widget, opening other apps?

Traceamount

Jul 8, 2010
Alabama
Moxier World Clock widget .... loved the addon, but recently my battery life had been literally, cut in half. Not rooted, manually using ATK. I started noticing every time I opened ATK to manually clear loaded app, almost EVERY app I have, would be loaded. Attempted to leave ATK running on auto kill and noticed my battery seemed a lil better, but not what it was. So I started removing apps 1 by 1, letting the phone idle and checking what all was running. After removing Moxier World clock I continued checking all day (Have been working on fixing this for 3-4 days) and nothing that I didnt open - has been open. I tried turning off the auto update on it, but then the widget is useless, the clock dosent even keep going unless its set to auto update. If anyone has any ideas or fixes please let me know! I did message the dev, but have it uninstalled for now.

Went from my battery hardly lasting 12 hours (all radios/bluetooth etc disabled, all that fun stuff) back to what Im used to, 28hrs with 49% battery left right now. I really liked the weather/clock addon too!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones