• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Multiple problems, should I consider factory reset?

lfill2

Lurker
Nov 10, 2011
I've had my Droid Incredible for about a year and a half, and I've started experiencing several frustrating issues over the past couple months. From time to time, I've tried searching for solutions to the individual problems, but so far I haven't found anything that works.

I'm wondering whether I should do a factory reset or if there are other known fixes to these problems? I feel like the phone needs cleaned off or something to start performing better again, but I'd hate to go through all of that to set it up again and try to make sure I don't lose anything. Here are my issues:

- I get the "Low on phone storage" message pretty often, even though I have plenty of space on my phone. I typically go in and delete the Facebook cache, but this is quite annoying to do all the time, and have to re-enter login info.

- Both the default texting app and Handcent have crashed repeatedly on me.

- I've also had the problem where texts have been sent to the wrong person when I have a couple different conversations going on.

- Connection to my hands free car bluetooth has been horrible lately. I think it's worked about 1 out of the last 20 times I've tried to use it. I'm assuming it's the phone based on a google search, but I suppose it could be the car?

- Had a missed call notification left on the home screen before it's unlocked, even though notifications were cleared. This disappeared after taking the battery out.

Thanks in advance for any help/recommendations you can give me!

There is a big thread at the top of the forum about the low on space issue (start at page 12)

The text going to the wrong person is an Android problem, factory reset won't help.

Bluetooth is iffy in general. Deleting the pairings from the phone and car may help, factory reset may help though.

A factory reset still isn't a bad idea for the overall health of the phone. It will clean out all the junk that has built up and will give you a chance to reevaluate the apps you have on the phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones