• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Music controls on lock screeen?

Are you talking a standard lock screen? Or the pattern unlock?

Based on what you're saying, I'm assuming you're talking pattern unlock, in which case I've got nothing to offer aside from noting that the standard lock screen has a pull-down widget (looks like a CD) for the TouchWiz stock media player. Hopefully the other answers provide you some help.

Upvote 0
Are you talking a standard lock screen? Or the pattern unlock?

Based on what you're saying, I'm assuming you're talking pattern unlock, in which case I've got nothing to offer aside from noting that the standard lock screen has a pull-down widget (looks like a CD) for the TouchWiz stock media player. Hopefully the other answers provide you some help.

Yes I am talking about the pattern lock screen, not the regular lock screen. I am using Launcher Pro. I would like if there was something like what you mentioned, to pull down the top bar to allow the control of music without unlocking.

Upvote 0
I use widget locker and it lets you display the notification bar on the lock screen. When I was using the the stock music player, I could just hit the power to wake it up, then slide down the notification area, and then control music. Now I use the doubletwist player which is way better, and I put the music control widget on the widget locker lock screen. So, I hit the power and then I can hit pause or next song right from the lock screen. Or, I can hit the album cover and go into the player for more control. I think the only way widget locker works with the pattern thing is that you would first slide the slider (or you can set it to hit the home or back button), then put in your pattern to completely unlock.

Upvote 0
I use Music Mod 1.6 when I want to control my music from the WidgetLocker screen of my Captivate. It comes with 4 different size widgets. The newer version, available in the market, only works on Froyo. I think you can still get version 1.6 from here . I still like the native Samsung player, but its widget only works on the Samsung lock screen.

Upvote 0
Forgot to add the picture...

Here is what one of the Music Mod widgets look like on my WidgetLocker screen. Btw, Music Mod also scrobbles to Last.fm as you can see on the notification bar.

Attachments

• MMod.jpg
    MMod.jpg
    311.3 KB · Views: 102
Reactions: Gipson
Upvote 0
Is there a way to use quick music controls on the passcode screen, or do i need to swipe in my passcode to get to the player/pandora?

I know the original post is a little old, but for future reference...

WinAmp (FREE) will allow you to have a widget on your launcher. It will also allow you to access the controls when is locked. Even with the pattern lock. With pattern lock enabled, WinAmps will have a lock icon on the screen for you to tap to unlock your phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones