• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Music quality on Atrix, what do you think?

I use PowerAmp as my player. While I dont think the sound is that great through my Motorola S10 HD bluetooth headset, through an old pair of Sony MDR V2 wired headphones it to me is pretty good. through an external system it is good as well. PowerAmp is much more configurable than the stock Gingerbread music player with the graphic EQ. I think tha Atrix is a lot better than any other mobile devie I have ever used

The new/revised version of PowerAmp did something to the volume of the Atrix. At 50% of the volume and I could barely hear the music :( Before, 10% of the volume was audible.

Upvote 0
Roze

in PowerAmp under the Equalizer tab I enable the EQ and set the tone configuration I want. If you notice the far left control on the equalizer is preamp. You can adjust this to make up for any volume deficits that you have. With my EQ enabled, I run the preamp control up to about 75%. That gives me adequate listening room when I want to really "punch" things with the normal volume control on the side of the phone. Incautious adjustment has been known to cause nose bleeds, crossed eyes, hives, chills, sweating, sleeplessness, twitching and occasionally, glossolalia (see Chomskys' work on ancient languages specifically relating to Sumeria). Seriously though you need to be careful with the preamp control because you can really whack your ears.

I like Poweramp because of its flexibility and power. I hope this helps you. I also am pretty sure that the EQ has to be enabled for preamp to function. You also notice that there is yet another volume control in poweramp as well. Hope this helps.

Warmest Regards (please excuse the humor I ve been updating one of my linux machines for the past 3 hours and I am a little slaphappy)
Carr

Reactions: Roze
Upvote 0
Roze

in PowerAmp under the Equalizer tab I enable the EQ and set the tone configuration I want. If you notice the far left control on the equalizer is preamp. You can adjust this to make up for any volume deficits that you have. With my EQ enabled, I run the preamp control up to about 75%. That gives me adequate listening room when I want to really "punch" things with the normal volume control on the side of the phone. Incautious adjustment has been known to cause nose bleeds, crossed eyes, hives, chills, sweating, sleeplessness, twitching and occasionally, glossolalia (see Chomskys' work on ancient languages specifically relating to Sumeria). Seriously though you need to be careful with the preamp control because you can really whack your ears.

I like Poweramp because of its flexibility and power. I hope this helps you. I also am pretty sure that the EQ has to be enabled for preamp to function. You also notice that there is yet another volume control in poweramp as well. Hope this helps.

Warmest Regards (please excuse the humor I ve been updating one of my linux machines for the past 3 hours and I am a little slaphappy)
Carr
Thanks Carr :) I have simply increased all of the equalizer settings and that seems to have helped. I usually don't touch the equalizer as I don't really understand how it works. Volume is much better now. I will make sure to stay away from setting the volume too loud. I don't want nose bleeds, crossed eyes, hives, chills, sweating, sleeplessness, twitching and occasionally, glossolalia. ;)

Upvote 0
Glossolalia really scares neighbors and cats..........:) Particularly when combined with thrashing. Equalizer is like a tone control -- the way I use it.....and to make up for deficiencies in the low frequency bass response of a lot of earbuds. PowerAmp can be set to remember your equalizer preferences for each song and return to them when that song is played. I bought the unlock key because I really like what the devs did with the application. Another reason I (mostly) like Android . It has the most vibrant developer community I have ever seen.

Carr

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones