1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Music Starting For No Reason - No Apps Running

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by LisaH73, Feb 15, 2011.

1. LisaH73

LisaH73 Lurker
    None

Feb 15, 2011
    Ever since the update to Froyo, my phone will spontaneously start playing music while there is no music app running. Checked device manager and nothing has started up. The only way to get it stop is to turn off the phone. It's completely out of the blue. The phone can be across the room on the charger and all of a sudden it's playing a song. Any explanation would be appreciated. It's driving me crazy!:)

Advertisement

2. zilla19

zilla19 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 30, 2011
    You need to perform an exorcism; it's possessed. :D

3. LisaH73

LisaH73 Lurker
    None

Feb 15, 2011
    :D I'm beginning to think the same thing! I'd call TMobile but I don't want to go through the hassle of them sending me a new phone and all that crap. I'd rather just put up with it.

4. zilla19

zilla19 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 30, 2011
    It's not a hassle. Did you buy the phone from a T-Mobile store? If so, you can bring it back to the store and tell them the problem. They'll probably give you a replacement Vibrant at the store.

If you bought it online through T-Mobile, then they will send a replacement phone to you via UPS, will take about 3-4 days to get to you. The package only has a replacement phone, no other accessories/battery with it, so all you have to do is use that replacement phone with your original accessories/battery, and put your old phone back inside the box and return it to T-Mobile using their supplied pre-paid label.