• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Music Tags on S2 and Renault

SGS2Rich

Lurker
Sep 8, 2011
Hi, I have recently got a Galaxy S2 on O2's network. One thing I was hoping for was the ability to see track, artist and album Tags on my Renault Magane 3's car stereo when playing my music via bluetooth in the car.

Alas this is not the case, is there something I am doing wrong? I have upgraded from an iPhone 3GS which also refused to display the tags but I put this down to Apples limitations. I transferred my iTunes library to the S2 using iSyncr which successfully transferred all the tags which the music player on the S2 does recognise but they don't appear on the car headunit. I have also downloaded an album from Amazon MP3 but this also doesn't display the tags on the car headunit either. Music plays fine (minus the tags!) and the phone also works fine over bluetooth.

Is it the S2 or the car that is at fault, and has anyone else successfully got tags to display in their car.

Thanks.

I think the headunit on the car is capable of diplaying id3 Tags as there is a button to show iD3 info when connected to the Aux bluetooth input, therefore I am assuming it is the phone.

Can anyone confirm whether the SGS2 passes on iD3 tags over bluetooth in the UK, I am on fimware 2.3.3. Is this something that will be fixed in firmware 2.3.4?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones