• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Musician Looping Program Suggestions?

Carl Beech

Lurker
Jun 1, 2016
Hi Forum

Not sure if this has been posted before, but I'm looking for a specific type of musicians program...

I'm involved to a large extent with live music, and its almost never based on beats per minute - its reactive to the situation.

I'm after a looping program - i.e. one that I can interactively tap on-screen to introduce repeating drum items (e.g. kick drum), or keyboard to play a basic piano riff.

It seems there's a large number of programs out there that can do loops with various instruments, but I've not been able to locate one where I don't have to specify x beats per min etc.

Ideally, I'm looking for something where I can tap the screen to start, and tap again to set the length of the bar, once that's done it'll start to loop to that timeframe, and I can add instruments as needed...

Hopefully that makes sense...

Cheers

Carl.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones