• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Must have apps and accessories?

QuikPic - Much better than stock gallery
Fusion Music Player - Best free music player on android by far
Google Play Music - I can play music not stored on my phone
Dropbox - Great for transferring photos and music
Go SMS Pro - Much better than stock messaging
Evernote - I write everything down so I don't forget, then it gets synced with all of my devices
MediaMonkey Remote - To control my home stereo via wifi through my phone
Yahoo Sportacular - Tracking sports scores for my favorite teams
Chrome - Much better than stock browser IMO

Thank you for this list. Just downloaded, Go SMS Pro, Dropbox, QuickPic and Chrome.

I need to download the Premium upgrade for SMS so I can facebook sync and have my contacts profile pictures on the conversation tab.

Upvote 0
All those are good apps but i'll like to add a few that I have used and are also great for you all to try;
Poynt: A database of information like gas, dining, movies and more.
Repairpal: As a mobile mechanic it gives me a general idea of repair prices before I overcharge or undercharge a customer for work performed.
msecure: Great for keeping your information safe like passwords and bank info etc, it is also customizable to your prefference, you could send copies to your gmail account in the event of phone failure.
GasBuddy: Speaks for itself.
Dr.Web: For your spam and malware.
GPS Speedometer: Ever wanted to make sure your speedometer is reading correct, especially in older cars, try this.
AppLock:

Upvote 0
I installed Go SMS Pro from Roadie1015'slist of apps, and it's been great.

Contrary to my prior concerns, there has been no spam issue. I had read something about spam messages in the Play store reviews, but in the weeks I've been using it I've gotten one message at the bottom corner of the app suggesting another Go app, but that's it. This texting app has great functionality including Emoji and group texts, and it's free. :)

Upvote 0
Here are a couple of my Must-Haves.

Act 1: Fantastic video player, especially with the "Resume" widget for it.

RedLaser: Barcode scanner that gives all kinds of information on what you scan, from where to buy and how much, to calories on food products.

Netflix: Not the queue manager, the actual one from Netflix to watch movies with.

X-Plore: Basically a file manager program.

Subsonic: Stream Music and Movies from your home computer to your phone. Fantastic program, definately a must have.

GTunes: Free music downloader.

SoundHound: In my opinion much better than Shazam.

Old Time Radio: Free radio shows from the 40's and 50's. What can i say, I love those old things. Fibber Mghee and Molly, Great Gildersleave, Flash Gordon, Dimension X.

AirPush Detector: Tells you what programs are pushing ads to your phone so you can kill them off.

Catch: Yeah, it's already mentioned here, but wanted to give it a plug anyhow.

OnTheFly Backup: Backs up your apps to the SD card so you can restore them if something drastic happens to your phone.

PdaNet: Teather program.

And finally, Vlingo: Kinda like Siri, sort of. And it's quite good at reading your incoming txt messages without having to actually unlock the phone.

I hope someone gets some nice ideas from my list. I always look here for suggestions for myself as well. You folks always have some great suggestions.

Upvote 0
Great thread, I've downloaded a couple of the suggestions and thought I'd add a couple more:
TripIt - if you travel a lot this is probably one of the best apps

Moodagent - I love music but hate making playlists, this app does it for me brilliantly based on the mood I'm looking for

Spirits - if you loved lemmings as a kid then you will love this to

Upvote 0
FOR Games: Blood Brothers

Blood Brothers is a dark fantasy game, a tale of a hero turned vampire, who must bind an army in a pact of blood in order to exact vengeance on a corrupt empire. Choose one of eight heroes—knight, samurai, high elf, dark elf, ape, lizardman, dwarf, or goblin—to lead your army to victory! Killer battles! Mysterious characters! Secrets to be discovered!

STEPS:
1) head to google play store and search for 'blood brothers'
2) once its being installed, click on the app and create an mobage account(or you can link it to your facebook account)
3) once your in it, you get to choose one out of eight warlords (choose wisely, you can't change them)
4) go through the short tutorial until they prompt you for a submit id
5) use this submit id - 7nLDNT - it will get you a few gifts
6) your adventure begins! enjoy

Upvote 0
/my T-Mobile /Dropbox /My Profiles - amazing app /Sky + this is a must for recording on the go /Cloud wifi-Kindle-Paypal /Flixter /Forum Runner /Swift key - not sure if I like this yet /Argos /Met office /Amazon MP3 download - replaces itunes /AK Notepad-Cam Scanner /Ringdroid - for cutting music to make ringtones, great app /Shazam /Zedge /Easy uninstaler /oh and my mobile banking apps</p>

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones