• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My Atrix is 'losing its touch'

gezh

Jul 12, 2009
Hi guys, I hope there's still some people here.

My Atrix, which is approaching 2 years old now, has suddenly developed an odd problem. The screen seems to have stopped responding to my touch.

When you unlock the screen, you have to swipe across the screen to activate the main home screen. It's just not registering my swipes. Occasionally it will work, and I'll get to the home screen, but even then things seem to be reacting intermittently.

I noticed it happen a couple of times over the last two weeks, but today it's happening more and more to the point where I'm actually unable to use the phone.

Has anyone heard of this happening before, or have any ideas as to what might me wrong? The screen shows no physical signs of damage or scratches.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones