• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My battery/charger problem

eazybreezy

Lurker
Sep 11, 2011
Im having a strange problem with either my battery or charger. When I plug my charger in it say it's charging but it isint. The battery level does not grow. This is especially true when I am browsing, I even lose power while I am charging and browsing. This issue happens with both my stock HTC charger and my blackberry charger. However, there are times where it does decide to charge. This is what is most confusing. Does anyone have any idea? Should I just buy a brand new stock battery and a brand new stock charger? Thanks

Hmmm...unless one of the experts has a solution, I would say buy a new battery, as it sounds as if that would be the culprit. I'd also invest in a new charger at the same time, just to be safe. They are both pretty cheap on Amazon.

You might want to try shutting down, pulling the battery, and restarting to see if that works as well. Maybe it's a software glitch that needs a restart, you never know.

Upvote 0
You addressed one thing I was going to say...I bought some cheap chargers ($2.99) on eBay from Hong Kong and they hardly charge at all...and make the phone really hot. So I tossed them.

But I have seen every once in a while my phone will charge VERY slowly with the stock charger, but when I do a reboot it fixes the problem. How often does it do it for you, everytime all the time?

Upvote 0
I saw a similar problem and the issue turned out to be that the USB cable was breaking. It would show that it was charging, but did not gat any charge. For a while I could wiggle the cable into a "working" position, but that eventually failed.

The stock cable seems to be not very well made. There was really no strain relief between the cable and the connector.

Upvote 0
+1 to going to address the chargers being the issue haha!! The cheap ebay chargers (many Chinese chargers, at that) usually don't have the same or similar charging specs that your OEM one would have. I've had plenty in my past and, while good for basic phones, the voltage differences caused issues on my D1 and my TB.

Are you using an OEM charger and an OEM battery? I've got some $4 knockoff battery as a failsafe backup and it seems to work fine...for now. Essentially for a charger, you'll want something with above 750mA as anything less will either take forever, just feed the processor, or both ;)

Upvote 0
Im having a strange problem with either my battery or charger. When I plug my charger in it say it's charging but it isint. The battery level does not grow. This is especially true when I am browsing, I even lose power while I am charging and browsing. This issue happens with both my stock HTC charger and my blackberry charger. However, there are times where it does decide to charge. This is what is most confusing. Does anyone have any idea? Should I just buy a brand new stock battery and a brand new stock charger? Thanks
Save your money. This has become epidemic with the Tbolt. I got a new battery (warranty) multiple chargers, multiple roms, kernels, you name it. The phone has gone blooey with respect to batt reporting, imo. All you can do is ignore it unless you get a new phone replacement, which some have done. I reported this about a month ago and no one had ever heard of it. Now everyone has. Something weird happened to the hardware and I'm not sure what it is.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones