• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My Contacts invented new birthday dates

Some weeks ago I found that some of my contacts have new birthday dates that I did not register. This new dates are from other contacts. For example:

Contact 1 have an "X" birthday date (true one) and now has also a "Y" date that is wrong
Contact 2 have an "Y" birthday date (true one) and now has also a "X" date that is wrong

When opening the contact in my mobile, can see both dates, but when trying to edit the contact to erase the wrong date, only appears the correct date. The wrong date does not show and can not erase it

When opening the same contact in the Google web, can see only the correct date.

My mobile is a Samsung J7 Neo
Android Version 9
Compilation number PPR1.180610.J701MTVJS7CSG1
Kernel version 3.18.91-16078179

hmmm weird. not sure if you want to do this, but i would clear both data and cache for the contacts app. just make sure that all of your contacts are sync via google rather then just on your phone. so if you wipe data you will still get your contacts back via google.

or at least if anything maybe try clearing cache for the contacts app

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
Thanks for your reply.

See one all of that and problem still shows.

Think some other app extracted part of my contacts and saved wrong, so now inserts new wrong aditional data.

Decided to factory reboot my phone and reinstall all my apps.

It worked. Wrong data disappeared with all my archives, but most of it could be recovered.

Thanks for your help !

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones