• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My Droid just BRICKED!!!

I don't think google stores the apps but they keep a record of what apps you have. After I reset to factory settings I opened up Marketplace and it automatically started downloading everything. It was done in about 5 minutes and I have about 30 apps. I didn't initiate anything, it was automatic. Did you use the same email address when you reset your phone that you used when you originally got it?

Upvote 0
I don't think google stores the apps but they keep a record of what apps you have. After I reset to factory settings I opened up Marketplace and it automatically started downloading everything. It was done in about 5 minutes and I have about 30 apps. I didn't initiate anything, it was automatic. Did you use the same email address when you reset your phone that you used when you originally got it?

I did use the same e-mail addy. I can be soooo blonde at times,.. but I think... I might just swear,...that the apps didn't come back 'auto-recovery-automatically-like',.. Maybe I was too impatient, and just jumped back into the market to soon,...to get what I thought was essential... maybe that disabled the auto-recovery for the apps?????

I'd consider,.. a factory reset again just as a test,... but ohhhh no,.... I have so many more apps now,.. that I just HAVE to have,... can't live without --haha. (don't fix-it,...if it ain't broke) :p

I need to figure out how to back-up a restorative copy of my apps to the SD card first,.. then test it all at the same time,.. LOL

Upvote 0
Just open up the app, press soft key "memo", then press the more option. On the pop up window you will see help press that. It has a lot of info in there on what this program can do. It does a lot more than just file browser.

On the 1st menu you will see a "tools" button just above the more option, push it and it will bring you to the Application Manager/Backup option.

Upvote 0
I did use the same e-mail addy. I can be soooo blonde at times,.. but I think... I might just swear,...that the apps didn't come back 'auto-recovery-automatically-like',.. Maybe I was too impatient, and just jumped back into the market to soon,...to get what I thought was essential... maybe that disabled the auto-recovery for the apps?????

I'd consider,.. a factory reset again just as a test,... but ohhhh no,.... I have so many more apps now,.. that I just HAVE to have,... can't live without --haha. (don't fix-it,...if it ain't broke) :p

I need to figure out how to back-up a restorative copy of my apps to the SD card first,.. then test it all at the same time,.. LOL

In order for the automatic restore to work, you have to have Settings->Privacy->"Back up my settings" turned on. This allows your phone to back up it's settings (wallpaper, installed apps, home screen, etc) to the google cloud. All of which will be automatically restored if you replace your phone or do a factory reset. It does not back up third party application settings or data.

Upvote 0
In order for the automatic restore to work, you have to have Settings->Privacy->"Back up my settings" turned on. This allows your phone to back up it's settings (wallpaper, installed apps, home screen, etc) to the google cloud. All of which will be automatically restored if you replace your phone or do a factory reset. It does not back up third party application settings or data.

I wish that worked as it sounds, but I had to get a new phone and had that setting on and nothing was restored. Only my contacts were saved, but those were on my SD card.

Upvote 0
Try recharging with your regular adapter and cable. It's possible the computer just didn't feed enough power to the battery. A good many computers now just don't put enough power out through the USB ports for charging this kind of a device, especially if what we're talking about is a laptop or an all-in-one desktop.

My rooted Droid 2 just shut down immediately after I'd installed and opened the ChainsDD updated superuser. I thought for sure I must have ****ed up with my issued adb commands to get it to install from the market or something--I'm really new to this whole rooting thing, and I'm really just testing the waters and picking up recommended apps. Needless to say, my phone was just on empty, and I had it charging via my usb. :p I couldn't even get it to boot at all, and I thought I'd bricked it for sure. Found your post, plugged it into the wall, and it's charging now and looks ready to boot with more juice. You're the ****ing man, man. :D Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones