• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My experience and negatives of SGS II

This is a bit off topic, but I just couldn't not share what I've just read on the xda forum.

"Based on some of the posts on the S II board, a few S II "features" were left out:

- Super amoled screen for super color over-saturation
- Synchronous dual core for increased battery usage.
- Lower resolution screen for extra blurry text
- Flimsy plastic back much cheaper to replace
- Inaccurate GPS makes it harder for government to track you
- Toasty 1.2GHz processor keeps hands warm in winter...and extra warm in summer
- Inability to shut off camera shutter sound so you never need to worry about accidentally turning it off
- Lower operating costs due to no need to buy Tegra based game apps
- Stock keyboard eliminates that pesky comma button which is just a lazy cousin of the period anyway
- More accurately named UI: TouchWiz"

It's actually amazing how much they put down the GSII...however I don't see many counter-arguments/counter-features coming from the Sensation.

(not really a point about he phones at all, but more about some of the xda forum people) :p

Upvote 0
"Based on some of the posts on the S II board, a few S II "features" were left out:

- Super amoled screen for super color over-saturation
- Synchronous dual core for increased battery usage.
- Lower resolution screen for extra blurry text
- Flimsy plastic back much cheaper to replace
- Inaccurate GPS makes it harder for government to track you
- Toasty 1.2GHz processor keeps hands warm in winter...and extra warm in summer
- Inability to shut off camera shutter sound so you never need to worry about accidentally turning it off
- Lower operating costs due to no need to buy Tegra based game apps
- Stock keyboard eliminates that pesky comma button which is just a lazy cousin of the period anyway
- More accurately named UI: TouchWiz"

LOL That's the funniest thing I've read all morning :p

Upvote 0
Same. And I don't get the keyboard bit...the gingerbread keyboard has no comma button (on the main interface) and it's like one of the most accurate and best out there!

this is why i don't use a stock Gingerbread keyboard.
i use the pro version of something called "Keyboard from Android 2.3"
has not only a comma key, but the return button doubles as smilies :D

mine has been modified to have a blue color instead of the orange to match my current theme

Upvote 0
Have to agree the sound levels is nowhere near is loud as on the SGS.
Even with the sound at max and a third-party app installed to increase the level of audio it's still quite poor.

I then tried a few pairs of headphones and again was quite surprised at how soft the volume was.
Would say this for me is my only niggle with the SGS 2.

Yeah way to quiet, also don't like that you can't turn off the cam click sound. Other then that, its a great phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones