• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My First Android :D

Hi everybody!

Didier here from Malaysia...

Just got my new HTC Sensation last week.
Been having a blast with it.
Everybody around me is jealous of it :p hahaha!
The only thing i realized is it sucks battery life pretty quick :(
But I'm learning to control its behavior to avoid this from happening as i go along :D
There's so much to learn. Everything seems very exciting!

Cheers!

Welcome to Android Forums, Didier.

Battery life is always a concern at first. There are a couple of things at work here. First, you are more likely to use a new phone a lot more, getting to know its features and setting it up. Second, smartphones in general do a lot more than feature phones so their power requirements are higher. Finally, modern batteries don't need to be conditioned, but Android does need to be taught was the capacity of the battery is. You should see improvement over the next few weeks of use.

However, battery life will never be great, by virtue of point number 2. Check the forum Bobcat so graciously linked for tips on battery optimization.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones