• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My G1 stops connecting to 3G networks unless I reboot it

Frankie

Lurker
May 14, 2009
It happens about once a day. The phone will seem to latch onto the Edge network and not let go, even though I should be solidly in 3G territory. I work in the building next door to T-Mobile's Tampa HQ, so I get a solid 4 bar signal all day, and it's definitely 3G, but I seem to have to reboot my phone every morning to get it to go into 3G mode. Anybody have any suggestions?

It happens about once a day. The phone will seem to latch onto the Edge network and not let go, even though I should be solidly in 3G territory. I work in the building next door to T-Mobile's Tampa HQ, so I get a solid 4 bar signal all day, and it's definitely 3G, but I seem to have to reboot my phone every morning to get it to go into 3G mode. Anybody have any suggestions?

possibly have TMO delete you from the network and then reload you .. maybe something on their end that a fresh activation may clear ..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones