• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My Galaxy Note 2 Will Not Turn On??

HeyTurtle

Lurker
May 15, 2013
Last night my battery hit 5%, so I put my charger in, but it said it wasn't charging. So I turned off the phone. But when I tried turning it back on a screen popped up and said something about Downloading something and to "not turn off the phone." I didnt know what to do so I assumed it was going to do whatever the phone needed to do, so i went to bed. When I woke up the phone was off, but now i cant turn it on. The phone is not rooted and I dont know what the problem is. I tried taking out the battery and putting it back in, but it did not work. Can someone help me??:thinking:

Try plugging it in the charger for 30 minutes once done then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds, release if it starts turning back on, if not hold for the full 30 seconds, report back

Hopefully the update was able to install before battery went dead if not you might have to run the Ruu but let's see what happens first

Upvote 0
It sounds like you may have accidentally entered 'download' mode when yoi switched the fone back on by accidentally holding the volume button. That has a message much like how you described.

If it was that then no update would have been performed as that screen does nothing without being connected to a pc. Your battery would have just died overnight as it only had 5% on it anyway.

The battery needs to be charged. Ive noticed that sometimes when reaching fully depleted leveks, the phone does not always respond immediately when plugging in a charger. Leave it plugged in and try turning on half hour later like the poster above said.

Let us know how you get on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones