• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My GIO can't open gallery

restoe0710

Lurker
Sep 19, 2011
Help me please,

My first android is Samsung Galaxy GIO at 28 August 2011.
I was Installed some application and Games about two weeks all applications and Games working properly.
when I Played the Game, suddenly My GIO comes to black screen. so, I tried to End Application by Task Manager but it become power off. this problem occured also when I open the Gallery or Open Picture by My Files.
I try to uninstall all applications and games even formatted SD Card but it can't solved the problem. if open Picture by other application (QuickPic, RealPlayer.etc) it's Running OK.
the problem is some of Games can't open like problem above.
What happens with My GIO?
Please give me the SOlutions.

Thanks

Are the games you ca't play utilizing 3D processing? if so, it is probably a GPU issue.

the Gallery App(2.3) also uses 3D processing, which is related to your GPU(linked to your CPU). I have a similar problem when overclocking my LG shine plus (which uses the identical chip as the Gio MSM7227T, except the shine plus's being binned down and labeled as MSM7227). but Fixed after rebooting and downclocking the CPU to default.

maybe try downclock your CPU using SetCPU.

but it is highly plausible that it is a hardware issue, maybe a defective chip, which there is no option other than sending it back to Samsung.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones