• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My JB4.2.9 became so hot when selecting WCDMA

Hi there,

i have S4 JB 4.2.9 colon mobile, running MTK 6589 processor, i changed some thing in the engineering mode (not sure what i changed) but now when i select the network to be WCDMA the mobile processor became so hot (approx. 50+ C) and then switch off, not switching on until its cold.

i am using now the GSM mode which is working great without making the processor hot but the net is so slow, please help and tell me where to search in engineering mode to check what i changed !!! or how to reset my engineering mode to default.

thanks
Ashraf Yonis

Hi there,

i have S4 JB 4.2.9 colon mobile, running MTK 6589 processor, i changed some thing in the engineering mode (not sure what i changed) but now when i select the network to be WCDMA the mobile processor became so hot (approx. 50+ C) and then switch off, not switching on until its cold.

i am using now the GSM mode which is working great without making the processor hot but the net is so slow, please help and tell me where to search in engineering mode to check what i changed !!! or how to reset my engineering mode to default.

thanks
Ashraf Yonis
welcome to AF!!!

i moved your thread to the s4 forums where folks who have your device can help you out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones