• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

my network and blu-tooth automatically go on when i turn on my phone

minzer

Aug 8, 2010
i ALWAYS have my carrier 3g network and blu-tooth turned off at all times using the power control widget that came with my HTC Desire. but when i turn on my phone, my carrier network and blu-tooth are turnred on, and my mail and some other things get refreshed, using up data.

is there a good widget or app that permanently stops the network and blu-tooth from turning on unless i do it manually? i cant find one on the market!
i only set my refreshes of my mail to just once a day, and is there a way to set these refreshes to none a day, just manually?

Toggling everything off in the "Power Control" widget should disable all of these functions and keep them disabled unless you launch or are running run a program that needs them. Shut that program off and you'll shut the feature off.

As for syncing, you can do that from within your mail apps. Just hit the menu button and you'll see the manual sync option.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones