• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help my phone heats up, need help pleaassssee or i will lose my money

meania

Lurker
Jul 8, 2011
Hello friends,

I bought my Galaxy SL I9003 two days ago, i noticed that it keeps heating up both at the back and the front screen during using it doing anything even during opening the Gallary to choose a wallpaper, also during using net or any other operation such as calls, camera, music ..

i tried everything i could find concerning power and heating problems such as ...

- turned it to 2G
- Change brightness to Zero
- Closed Bluetooth
- Charged the battery for 8 hours

And it still always heats up after seconds from starting using it specially at the top of the screen ( the front camera erea ), Please advise me

- Is this normal generally in all android phones with same features
- Is it normal with this model specific
- Is it dangerous, is the phone going to be damaged
- Should i return it and buy another model,
( I only have less than two days to exchange it or i will have to lose so much money )

Thank you in advance, and please forgive my poor english .....

Go on and change it.
The heat should happen at the back cover while charging or during a long hour call.
Any above that, theres a problem.

Thank you for your reply

I have already done this late yesterday but i faced the same problem, i will go now and try to get another model as i found too many complains concerning this model having overheating problem all around several different android forums

Upvote 0
Thank you for your reply

I have already done this late yesterday but i faced the same problem, i will go now and try to get another model as i found too many complains concerning this model having overheating problem all around several different android forums

This is an inherent problem. You can get a back cover so that your hands dont get hot while using it.

Upvote 0
Hi guys!
Even i have faced a similar situation with my phone i.e. phone getting heated up.

Fortunately it is happening only while charging and that too on the back cover.

I usually charge my phone either at home or in the office. One difference i noted: In office the phone does not get heated up during charging + time to charge 100% is really less (about 4 hrs).

However, if i charge it at home, my battery gets heated up and it takes about 6 hrs to charge.

i somehow feel that this i because of the voltage/current rating that we use at home. I think my office has better, or rather apt, ratings to charge the phone. Result: i try to charge in office than home (whenerver possible) :)

Am i correct? or am i being to Einstein-y??

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones