• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My Razr not charging

I am having the same problem too. I have a 3 month old refurbished Droid RAZR that I got from Verizon Wireless after having 4 defective HTC Rezounds. Since I bought the first Rezound in November 2011, I no longer have warranty coverage. The problem: My RAZR has stopped charging, or charging properly, doesn't charge at all (and discharges), or charges E X T R E M E L Y S L O W L Y. I have an OEM charger, and have tried my husband's OEM Bionic charger, and my Rocketfish car charger. All of them, which used to work, yield the same results. I'm thinking it must be something in the usb port.

Verizon has told me I'm out of luck - try a factory data reset. I did (did not wipe internal storage), and didn't make a difference. They can't help me any further since I'm out of warranty. I contacted Motorola, and they said I could try the FDR and this time wipe the internal storage, but other than that, my only option was to send the phone back and pay $159 for the repair.

Of course, I only have 4 months to go until I can upgrade.

Any suggestions?

Upvote 0
well i dunno how much this solves the problem, but I do this whnever my phone stops charging....
it drains completely and switches off...and then i connect it to my pc where the white LED glows...i let it so for a long time and by long, I mean atleast an hour or so. after that the device will switch on and the charging level would be at 5%. let it be so and let it charge until it reaches 100%. after that try the charger. I dunno if this is the solution, but this is the nth time my charger stopped working and this works for me

Upvote 0
I may be suffering this same problem because I happened to see my battery icon at 10:00AM and it was halfway so I check the battery status and it was at 40% with just over 5 hours of moderate use. I plugged it in with the car charger and it did charge some. I'll try my Motorola desk dock tonight and see if it's charging.

If it's not a charging issue has anyone seen threads on excess battery use?

Mike

Upvote 0
I had the white light issue with mine the night I did the JB update. It was at 15% battery and the next thing I knew the phone was completely off. So I plug it into the charger and the white light came on and the phone wouldn't turn on.

Freaked out for a second. Thought JB patch bricked my phone. Or the phone died while it was doing some major updating still.

Well a simple google search showed me that the white light comes on when the phone can't turn on because not enough battery was available.

So I waited 15 minutes while on a USB charger... then tried to turn it on. Sure enough it came on and after bootup it said I had 1% battery lol.

I seriously thought my phone was bricked.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones