• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My rooted phone just... died?!?

They aren't lying you can have the guys that looked at your phone and break it down and tell you what each part is and you sell them individually, As how much you should pay samsung I have no clue all I know Is if they give a number on the repair it's up to you to go through with it. I have t-mobile and their jump program if l have a issue with my phone I just pay 150 for them to fix it or get a replacement or jump and get a new device then again my phone is paid off only thing stopping me from getting the s6 is my lady [emoji20] being the bill is in her name and I like my manhood intact.
What service do you have, wait I just realized you told Sammie you rooted your phone[emoji79] and they let you send it in to them without a song and dance about you breaking your warranty agreement, now I really need to know how this works out....[emoji6]

Well, I was thinking of hoarding the parts for the future. I gave Samsung my boss's number, and asked him to use his best judgement, as he controls the phone bill. I explained that the parts could be used for future repairs. He agreed to weigh the pros and cons when they call him.

Reactions: SnuggS
Upvote 0
Well, I was thinking of hoarding the parts for the future. I gave Samsung my boss's number, and asked him to use his best judgement, as he controls the phone bill. I explained that the parts could be used for future repairs. He agreed to weigh the pros and cons when they call him.
Hey keeping the parts sounds better, I take it your getting a new one if the news isn't what you want to hear

Upvote 0
UPDATE:

I checked my email, a few days ago they received my phone. I also had another email sent later, saying that my phone needed a part that's on back order. The email said that as soon as the part becomes available, it will be repaired and shipped. They've not asked for payment, does this mean my warranty is good?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
UPDATE:

I checked my email, a few days ago they received my phone. I also had another email sent later, saying that my phone needed a part that's on back order. The email said that as soon as the part becomes available, it will be repaired and shipped. They've not asked for payment, does this mean my warranty is good?

Umm, y'all are scaring me. Any thoughts?

@rocketman247 I'm pulling for you here, now tell me I know you installed a custom Rom on your phone did you trip your Knox counter and you never said if you installed twrp at all did you have custom recovery as well? As far as not being told how much you gonna owe for repair I mean they can't charge you for work that's not completed also your issue is hardware related and being the part is on back order they definetly can't charge you yet till its fixed especially if they break it while repairing it, and I can't how a part is on back order unless other people had the same issue.

Upvote 0
@rocketman247 I'm pulling for you here, now tell me I know you installed a custom Rom on your phone did you trip your Knox counter and you never said if you installed twrp at all did you have custom recovery as well? As far as not being told how much you gonna owe for repair I mean they can't charge you for work that's not completed also your issue is hardware related and being the part is on back order they definetly can't charge you yet till its fixed especially if they break it while repairing it, and I can't how a part is on back order unless other people had the same issue.

I had a rooted version of the official firmware. The trick wasn't supposed to trip Knox. That's all I know.

Upvote 0
I am typing this, for future benefit.
Repair Summary
Symptom: OPERATING SYSTEM ISSUE

Repair Description: 1: Replaced Component
2: Replaced LCD
3. Replaced Cosmetic

I got my phone back today! At no charge! They even replaced the outer shell and the display, according to the repair statement. I'm still testing it, time will tell by tomorrow. So far, the screen isn't scrolling, it's staying put! As for now, I'm impressed!
Hottdamn @rocketman247 Congrats! You really lucked up on that. Will you be rerooting and install another custom joint or are you gonna leave it as is?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones