• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My S3 Became FREE!

Muilisx

Android Expert
Jan 7, 2011
Long Island, NY
Well, my S3 cost me $444.22 through MetroPCS. You don't get the phone for free or at a discounted price like you do with other carriers because there's no contracts with MetroPCS so you pay full price for the phones.

The current promotion is

Original Price:
$399.00

Mail-In Rebate:
-$50.00

You Pay Now (+Tax):
$399.00

Final Price after offer:
$349.00
So, I paid the $399.99 + overnight shipping + NY tax which = 444.22. I sent off my $50 rebate which will bring it down to $394.22 even though the $50 will be a VISA Gift Card, but same thing IMO.

How's that free Muilisx? You're telling me you got the S3 for free, but I don't see how it's free!

Well, I'll tell ya! :D

Mom likes Barry Gibbs, and he's coming to Jones Beach, NY on 5/23/14, and they were having a presale on tickets for all Citi card holders so I bought 4 tickets @ $125 a piece, which came out to about a little over $500. Now, every single time it popped up asking me to confirm my selection, it showed the correct location, date, and time. After submitting the order, I received the emails but I did not check them as I was on the computer with no printer and I had to wait until I was at a printer. About 3 days later, I finally printed the tickets, but now it's showing 5/31/14 in CA......DAFUQ???

I called customer service, and I explained the situation, and the guy pretty much acted as if I was a complete moron, and was like, well the online system asks you about 4 times to confirm, blah blah, and I said yes it sure does, but every single time it asked me to confirm, it showed the correct information. He told me there was NOTHING he could do because the 72 hour refund window already passed :mad:. I asked to speak to a supervisor which then he proceeded to say, the supervisor will tell you the same thing, and I told him I didn't care because all you're doing is arguing with me basically telling me I'm a idiot like I clicked the wrong dates when I have the ad from the paper right next to me.

He put me on with the supervisor, and he was very nice, so I asked him, isn't it possible that your system somehow had a glitch, and even though it showed me my selection, it put me on something else? He told me if it was a glitch then EVERYONE who bought Barry Gibb tickets for Jones Beach for 5/23 would of be given the CA ones too, and we would be getting tons of phone calls about it, but I said no that is unlikely as glitches can work themselves out to where maybe only 1 or 2 people were affected. I told him, sir, why would I book for a concert 5,000 miles away when I can go to one 15 miles away. He understood my concern, and everything but he still told me there was nothing he could do as the 72 hour window passed.

I decided to list the tickets back on Ticket Master / Live Nation as resales as I did not know you could do that even though it's still a pain for me now to sell these to be able to buy the correct ones. Anyway, I saw that the ticket prices for tickets were now $275-$360 PER TICKET! So, I listed all of mine for $250 each, and they ALL SOLD the NEXT DAY! That's $1,000 being deposited into my checking account which will cover the $500 for the tickets, and I'll have $500 left over to pay the $394.22, and still have $105.78 PROFIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's nothing like a free S3 on MetroPCS, and I don't even pay the bill. It's AWESOME!

Enjoy!

I get Ultra Music Festival tickets every year I work as a stage hand and promoter, total of 6 free tickets. Technically they are actually part of my pay (one pair as stage hand, one pair as an independant promoter and one pair as a promotion company) so I can do whatever I want with them. They sell, day of event, for about 250 per day ticket or 450 a pair. Pretty sweet deal considering they pay stagehands like 12/hr and promoters about 50 a day when its all said and done.

Reactions: Muilisx
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones