• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My samsung A03S is rooted by who and what can i do they forwarded my msgs and calls.

ajmh317

Lurker
Jul 9, 2023
So I bought a samsung A03S and a week after I lost it then I found it. I beginning to believe it was lost. When I found it I stopped getting calls and msgs, it was slower and I could hardly make phone calls. MMI codes don't work so I downloaded and device info app and it's saying the OS is rooted and most the pre installed apps are altered. This phone came out the box brand new so I no it had to of happened when I "lost" it. What can I do and can I find out by who?

Perhaps you're simply misunderstood the app, or it's giving you bad information, or something. I hope so! Otherwise, it seems you have a creepy stalker on your hands. That, or a thief tried to remove the Android version of an iCloud lock and gave up. Maybe you should talk to the police. Hopefully, they'll look this over, and then be able to assure you that this is nothing more than your phone having a glitch. It may also be good to see what a computer (and smartphones are computers) repair shop has to say.

Just be warned: There are lazy workers who try to not do their jobs, and some of them are cops and computer repairmen! They may assure you that things are fine to brush you off, to get you to not bother them, so that they can go back to slacking off.

Upvote 0
So I bought a samsung A03S and a week after I lost it then I found it. I beginning to believe it was lost. When I found it I stopped getting calls and msgs, it was slower and I could hardly make phone calls. MMI codes don't work so I downloaded and device info app and it's saying the OS is rooted and most the pre installed apps are altered. This phone came out the box brand new so I no it had to of happened when I "lost" it. What can I do and can I find out by who?
how do you know it is rooted? what did you use to say that the phone is rooted?

anyways, if the phone is rooted here is an article that will help you unroot:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones