• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My Samsung Galaxy Core Prime is stuck on the Samsung logo on startup.

Hello.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Core Prime SM-G360T1 which I have been using since last year. However, it had been nagging me to upgrade the software to its next version, which failed every time I tried to update it. But since the phone wasn't able to be updated, the notification stayed there, so I decided to look for tips to get rid of that one notification. I catapulted a single "notification problem" to a bricked phone problem.

Details:

I looked for tips on the internet, and found out that I had to "root" the phone. Used KingoRoot once and it had installed unreliable applications on my phone, so I immediately deleted it after it seemed to have succeeded in rooting my phone. Using the "rooted" status, I tried to get rid of the notification using Disable Services app, and disabled everything in the system app "Software update". The notification doubled. 2 notifications appeared after. There was also this notification telling me to reboot my phone to restart some sort of a disabled security. So I rebooted my phone.

The cellphone did not boot. It's stuck on the Samsung logo and keeps vibrating thrice-quince every 10-15 seconds. I decided to do the usual reset: by wiping all cache partition and data in recovery mode. No luck.

So I decided to root the phone again, but this time using Odin. Entered download mode, connected it to Odin and downloaded the chainfire files. Started the root with Odin but it said it failed. Why? Because of some "FRP Lock".

I've seen answers to "FRP Lock" questions with people answering "enable debugger mode in settings" and that is, unfortunately, not possible. I can't even turn on the phone in the first place.

Now I'm stuck in some loophole. Please help me.
How can I get rid of this problem and get my phone to start up normally again?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones