• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Review

16991782017_95b425e127_h_d.jpg

Design & Material
This is the most beauty touch screen phone Samsung ever release, the dual edge side make the whole phone one step ahead the premium elegance look than normal S6. This is also the most beauty touch screen phone I ever own. The material and craftsmanship is solid well build. Due to both side glass with sparkling surface, more clean wipe the surface is necessary to maintain it beauty.

Price
Frank speaking RM 3,099.00 is a bit too expensive, it is more reasonable price at RM 2,899.00 (inclusive GST). By the way I from Malaysia.

Performance
Everything is smooth and speedy, they is no place to complain on it performance, I am no regret and no miss selling off my previous phone Nexus 6 which the performance is less than what I expected. I don't blame Nexus 6 but instead Qualcomm Snapdragon, Qualcomm release junk processor after the last success S801.

Touchwiz UI
From already good in Note 4, now under S6/S6 Edge is step ahead greater, every part is so smooth with welcome fully customizable themes support. Thanks Samsung remove those unnecessary feature where not really useful. The only part Samsung need to take note is the first time opening emoticon at keyboard do take few seconds delay, others than that, I had no complain in any of it from performance to design. Thumbs up to Samsung on this new UI design.

Camera
If you zoom in, you will notice Samsung had change the algorithm on processing the photo, it is just too good to miss. I must said it is by far the best ever release mobile camera. One word "Outstanding".

Loud Speaker
With only single speaker, the output is unbelievable great, off course it won't better than my previous Nexus 6 dual speaker but I ain't miss it also.

Screen
The best screen I ever have! It is even better than Note 4. It just simply great with pure white and just nice vividness.

Reception and Call Quality
Finally Samsung solve the reception issue in Note 4, that is the reason I sold my Note 4 previously. Beside this, the call quality is the best I ever have.

Battery Life
After few days usage, I can only said S6 Edge battery life is not that great, it is similar poor as my previous Nexus 6, it confirm won't last a day for a high moderate user. I am so miss my Note 4 battery life.

Wireless Charging & Fast Charging
The wireless charging is real cool and easier to use, I never though it actually not so slow, just like an old time charging speed. Fast Charging is real fast! I mean real fast! Far ahead than Note 4 and Nexus 6. But! The whole phone is freaking HOT! during charging which already over comfortable level to even hold it, is this good? I really doubt on battery life cycle on any kind of fast charging implement.

Controversial Issue
Is the out of the box screen scratch issue real -YES! My first unit open is badly scratch out from the box, so I suggest everyone do proper check before leaving the shop.
Is the Dual Edge gimmicks - Basically not really for me, this dual edge is just for enhanced the beauty of the phone not for added tones of extra features. Come on! the edge is only slightly at side not like the Note edge which over wide for added unnecessary features. What the point using edge for functionally but not using the main real screen. I just don't get it. I only wish the edge is also light up for every incoming call even the main screen not put face down the table.

In overall, I give this phone 9.5 out of 10 scores.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones