• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My verizon app after gb update

LinkError404

Sep 3, 2010
Md
After updating to gingerbread last night I performed a factory data reset, everything works flawlessly except the my verizon app. It force closes every ten min or so. It wants you to update every time you open it but fails whenever you open it. It is becoming a neucense having to click ok in the force close menu box. Being that it is pre-installed bloatware I cannot uninstall to solve the issue. Anyone else having this issue?

This was an issue when I got my Dinc 2 last week. The solution (at least on Froyo) was to turn the phone off and restart it. Seemed to work fine after that. Though as anguish mentions that could also be a solution.

Going to do my GB update today. Hopefully there are no issues. It is OTA though, so I'm confident it should work.

restarting the phone actually worked. its been back up for about ten minutes without the force close message. I must have gotten all caught up in getting all my apps and settings back up after i factory reset. thanks for the tip.

Upvote 0
My Dinc2 is not a week old. Can't access or update My VerMobile since Gingerbread update. If it's any consolation, I found this on Verizon site:

AnthonyTa_VZW
verizonlogo.gif

Wireless Employee

Re: My Verizon Mobile App Problems

Options

07-12-2011 03:54 PM
Thanks to all the feedback and suggestions!

RDakota,

We are aware of the issue with "My Verizon" not loading properly on this particular device since the Gingerbread update and we are working diligently to provide a fix.

Thank you, again, for your patience and service with Verizon Wireless!
Thanks,

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

I'm Bummed. Keeps popping up and then not working!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones