• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Mysterious new Froyo build FRG01B?

I would normally tell you to google it, but I googled it and the only results were THIS thread, and the thread you just linked to. It must be super top secret.

I'm currently trying out build ID10T of Android 2.5 (Icecream)

Damn, I figured they were going with Helado for 2.4 thus making ice-cream redundant. WTH do I know :thinking:

To the OP: I also tried googling it, and got the same results. Could also be a typo, or some poster being clever too.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I'm getting tired of arbitrarily changing ROMs for "updated" versions of 2.2. Unless anyone can specify (which I'm doubting) what the diff between this new version and FRF57/FRF84, I'll stick to what I know works for now. Is anyone capable of elaborating on this new version?

Perhaps Google Developers are figuring out which build works best for the Droid before sending out the official OTA update, and stalking these forums for advice? :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I'm getting tired of arbitrarily changing ROMs for "updated" versions of 2.2. Unless anyone can specify (which I'm doubting) what the diff between this new version and FRF57/FRF84, I'll stick to what I know works for now. Is anyone capable of elaborating on this new version?

Well no one is going to be able to tell you what changed unless you know people at motorola or google. They dont put out change logs for leaked builds. If they are still making new builds then they are still fixing things though. They dont just keep making these things for fun.

Upvote 0
Well no one is going to be able to tell you what changed unless you know people at motorola or google. They dont put out change logs for leaked builds. If they are still making new builds then they are still fixing things though. They dont just keep making these things for fun.

Frankly, I'm glad the previous Froyo build wasn't the finalized release for the Droid because I expected more... Froyo made it sound like it was going to be the "end-all be-all solution to screen stutters and little annoying jittery lagging".

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones