• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Mystery: Mobile Network Unavailable - Mobile Networks Under Settings Greyed out (LG L7)

droiddismay

Lurker
May 26, 2016
Suddenly yesterday my mobile network was unavailable. I tried a friend's sim card (which worked fine in her phone before and after) but my phone didn't seem to recognize it.

Whatsapp and FB Messenger do work on Wifi only.

When I try LG backup/restore it just says SIM not ready. For the first 30hrs factory data reset was also not working, but now it has worked and after factory reset, the mobile network is still unavailable. Software update not working and Software Version is listed as Unknown.

When I go to Settings-->Networks-->Tethering & networks, the Mobile networks option is greyed out. I can't click on it.

At first, the time and date on the phone were messed up, every time I restarted the phone the date would reset to April 17th. But the time eventually corrected itself before the factory data reset and now after the reset, it's accurate.

I just dialed *#*#4636#*#* and ran a ping test. Only Wifi was working. Mysteriously, every time I would choose a network in the dropdown menu on the testing screen, it would jump back to unknown before I could exit and restart. I chose GSM Auto PRL and LTE/GSM/WCDMA with it just jumping back to Unknown. Now, after restart, dialing *#*#4636#*#* doesn't even bring up the testing screen anymore.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones