• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MyTouch 3G Slide Repair Guide

Hello,

We reciently got our hands on the MyTouch 3g Slide and made a quick repair guide for it. The guide goes through the basic disassembly process and repairs the touch screen and LCD screen. This guide is perfect for anyone about to repair their phone or anyone who just wants to see whats "under the hood."

You can view our guide here - HTC MyTouch 3G Slide

Please let us know if you have any questions or recommendations for improving the guide.

Hope it helps.

Paul Weatherley

http://www.repairsuniverse.com/

I am trying to repair my old mytouch 3g slide, it became unresponsive over a year ago, but it was not under warranty as I bought the phone on eBay.
I was very hard on it, I dropped it in a puddle of water, and I dried it out, then I turned it on and it worked for a few months. Then one day the screen stopped working and the phone just buzzed once when I tried turning it on. I got a mytouch 4g from tmobile, but recently I decided that I wanted to repair my phone for a backup. Looking on the internet and finding this problem was present in a lot of mytouch slides, I traced it to the flex ribbon cable or the lcd screen, I have been watching many videos on how to take them apart, but nowhere have I seen a video / guide on putting it back together which worries me because reconnecting the flex cables (all of them) looks really tricky. Any help would be appreciated. I can easily take electronics apart, however I cannot always put them back together.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones