• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Mytouch 4g with Gingerbread. Sync problems.

urban1

Feb 18, 2010
I have just installed the Gingerbread upgrade and am having serious problems with my contact list. Basically, the contacts I have in Gmail and much different than those on my phone, some are even missing from the phone, and I want to get the correct contacts onto my phone. I have tried the Account Sync, and it appears to be working, but, in fact, nothing apparently happens. I am beginning to believe that Sync is one-way (phone to Google, but not the other way around). If this is true, what is the best way to get my Gmail contacts onto my phone (there doesn't seem to be a 'reverse' Sync option anywhere).

I should, if I understand everything correctly, be able to enter new contacts in either place and the other place would automatically be updated.

Any suggestions would be very appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones