• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

mytouch problem with AT&T

msierra519

Android Enthusiast
Mar 9, 2010
Hi everyone, i am new to these forums. i currently just got a HTC Hero and love it :D but the problem i have is with my daughters mytouch. we used to have tmobile and we switched her and my wife over to AT&T and me to sprint. i got the unlock code for the mytouch and the phone and text works no problem, but when i try to go on internet it has be type in the gmail password again and no matter how many times i enter it, it says invalid password. i tried resetting it back to factory settings and nothing. i called AT&T and they were no help. the error i get is SIM not provisioned for data. is there something i need to do or does AT&T have to do something? i added the data plan for smartphones and it still doesnt want to work. any help would be appreciated!

Hi everyone, i am new to these forums. i currently just got a HTC Hero and love it :D but the problem i have is with my daughters mytouch. we used to have tmobile and we switched her and my wife over to AT&T and me to sprint. i got the unlock code for the mytouch and the phone and text works no problem, but when i try to go on internet it has be type in the gmail password again and no matter how many times i enter it, it says invalid password. i tried resetting it back to factory settings and nothing. i called AT&T and they were no help. the error i get is SIM not provisioned for data. is there something i need to do or does AT&T have to do something? i added the data plan for smartphones and it still doesnt want to work. any help would be appreciated!

I am not sure at all, but maybe this will get some conversation rolling, I thought that I heard that Tmobile phones could be unlocked to use on AT&T but then they couldn't get 3G, so with no 3G, no data. I very well may be wrong. But it just had to do with different 3G broadcasting between AT&T and T-Mobile.

Really, I'd say get them back on T-mobile and you drop Sprint and go to T-mobile and have a great, inexpensive family plan, any reasons you can't do that?

Reactions: msierra519
Upvote 0
I am not sure at all, but maybe this will get some conversation rolling, I thought that I heard that Tmobile phones could be unlocked to use on AT&T but then they couldn't get 3G, so with no 3G, no data. I very well may be wrong. But it just had to do with different 3G broadcasting between AT&T and T-Mobile.

2G (Edge on T-Mo) is still data.

Upvote 0
You can get data on mytouch with att though it will not be as fast coz mytouch does not work on the same frequency as att's 3G network. I have att and mytouch and the load time is not very different for 3gs iphone and mytouch.

To access data on mytouch with att you need to put in the APN settings manually.

settings->wireless control->mobile networks->Access Point Names->Add new
Name: AT&T
APN: wap.cingular
Username: wap@cingulargprs.com
Password: cingular1
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
MMS port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones