• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need a belt pouch reccomendation for samsung galaxy s3.

Gargus

Aug 14, 2012
Im looking for a belt pouch for samsung galaxy s3. Below are the criteria for what Im looking for. I got one off ebay pretty cheap and its fine but it comes off my belt a little to easy and is too snug for the phone so Im looking for a better one.

1- I want something that fits horizontally on my belt.

2- Prefer something plain black and leather(ish).

3- Has a good clip on it and will hold it reasonably secure. Also want it to have belt loops should I decide to secure it even more.

4- I have a silicone case on the phone. Its not one of the thicker styled ones but I need something I can still get the phone out one handed fairly easy with the gel protective case on it.

If you could provide a link to what you think is good please do so. And ebay links are fine also since I have an ebay account.

Thank you.

I'm using this one from Best Buy, picked it up in the store. It meets your needs, except for the belt loops. More than I wanted to pay, but I have a silicone case on it as well, and it fits well, easy to get out. Belt clip is on a swivel, and I find it secure enough, hasn't come off yet.

Motion Systems - Eddie Bauer Case for Most Mobile Phones - Black - EBRIP55-BLK

If the link doesn't work, here's the details:
Motion Systems - Eddie Bauer Case for Most Mobile Phones - Black

Model: EBRIP55-BLK SKU: 5587813

Keith

Upvote 0
Thanks for the suggestions. Im checking them out now.

Now for a follow up question.

Does anyone know of a case that is like a soft slip case that you can slide the phone in plus the gel case? My girlfriend wants a case for hers that she can slip her phone into while its in her purse, just so it doesnt hit against her keys and such.

We tried a few cases at microcenter but they were all too short, not wide enough or hard as a rock inside.

Something kind of like this maybe Shocksock Neoprene Pouch Case For Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 / Black | eBay it works fine for just the phone. But with the gel case it doesnt go in.

Upvote 0
Found a belt pouch I think will work fine if anyone else is interested.

I watched the video on the product page it showed a guy sliding it in and out of the pouch easily and specifically said it was designed for a s3 with a gel/silicone case on the phone. It comes with a gel case as well.

Figured 15 bucks Ill give it a try.

Samsung Galaxy S3 S III S-Shape Flexible Gel Skin with Horizontal Pouch - Black

Reactions: yopauly
Upvote 0

I watched the video on the product page it showed a guy sliding it in and out of the pouch easily and specifically said it was designed for a s3 with a gel/silicone case on the phone. It comes with a gel case as well.

Been looking for something similar that would *fit* a Galaxy S3 that had an existing case (an Incipio). Most of the holsters I have seen would only work with a 'naked' S3.

BTW, there are non-stackable wirelessground.com coupon codes available here (e.g free shipping - freeship, 15% off - summer).

Upvote 0
I went with the Seidio Surface combo. The case for the phone is really slim and it snaps into the holster via quick release. Super convenient and it's hard to go back to a leather holster once you get used to how fast you can snap the phone on and off your belt with the Seidio.

I did have a leather case that I tried but the belt clip was awful and more than once I found the case and phone lying on the floor. It was a Tech21 Universal for the GS3 so it's going back to the supplier. Steer away from that one.

Here is the link for the Seidio Combo (black) and you can get it in different colours as well. (belt clip can be rotated for vertical or horizontal and spring clip for phone is very secure)

SEIDIO | SURFACE Case & Holster Combo for Samsung Galaxy S III

Cheers!

Upvote 0

I haven't got my phones yet but I have (2) S3's coming for my wife and I. Ordered one for my wife. I'm leaning more toward an Otter Defender or a Naztech Gladiator. I'm retired but still mess with cars, welding, fabrication.etc. Any thought? Thanks. p.S. I'm still using my MyTouch 4g with welding spatter on the glass followed by broken glass, happening over over the course of 5 months. Tough phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones