• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need Advise, HTC Desire vs Nexus One

limdel

Lurker
Jun 1, 2010
Hi,

I'm actually stuck and can't get myself take the decision:
Nexus One or HTC Desire.

They look pretty like the same in terms of hardware and both will certainly run android 2.2 by default.

Anybody can give me some advice or share experiences for those who test both of them ?

Many Thanks

Depends on what you want. The Desire is 90% of the Nexus One (a bit of hardware difference) that runs on Sense UI. If you're a big in the social networking department. Sense is better than Stock Android.

Both have Android 2.1 by default but the N1 will be the first phone to get 2.2 when Google starts its OTA update. HTC's PR has said that you can expect 2.2 in Q3 earliest. The N1 comes unlock and unbranded, so no carriers' bloatwares. You have to buy the N1 unsubsidized so it'll be more expensive compare to a subsidized Desire.

There are some threads on AF that already ask this very question, I'd recomend you search for them :)

This gives you a comparison of the hardwares: HTC Desire vs. HTC Google Nexus One - GSMArena.com

Reactions: limdel
Upvote 0
Thanks to all of you for sharing your opinions.

The ball is on HTC Desire side now.
-for the optical trackpad , mecanical trackball may be a weak point on N1 on the future (My Nokia E72 Optical trackpad work fine)
-Graphical aspect of the Sense UI look amazing.
-i'm not a big fan of social network but could help my wife if she pickup my phone.

Just one more question, does the noise cancelling on the N1 really make the difference ?

Upvote 0
Just one more question, does the noise cancelling on the N1 really make the difference ?

Volume on the N1 is below what I'm used to from my other phones. I don't really see much of a difference. I use a bluetooth ear piece or the headset that came when talking on the phone, which makes the noise cancellation pointless for me.

Upvote 0
Me also vote for Desire. Nexus one has touch buttons (menu, back, etc) that are hardly working when you put it on the table. Physical buttons Desire has is better. About the UI, I also have watched the comparison between stock Sense UI in Desire and installed Sense UI in Nexus 1. It's a bit laggy in Nexus 1. And for the Froyo, many N1 users say that it doesn't meet their expectation though it doesn't mean that they're not satisfied with it. The hardware is 95% the same so it's never a big deal if you matter the spec. Just my 2 cents CMIIW

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones