• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need an in detail comparison between DHD Roms

armin3000

Sep 19, 2010
Please help me. I'm looking fro a good rom for my DHD. Unfortunately in many forums people say "It's depend on you" or "you should try"!!
I'm not agree with this. Each rom has specific features and it's impossible to try more than 80-90 roms!!! Is there any link that compares their features in detail.
Currently I'm using Revolution HD but battery life is not so good and no call recording option is available. It has a lot of bloatwares too and the speed is not so good in compare with Cyanogen rom.

These features are important for me and I need all these features if possible:

- speed and good performance needed,
- Two way call recording
- Highest possible camera quality
- most compatibility with different apps.
- Farsi or Arabic support (connected letters in this languages is important and many roms haven't)
- USB reverse tethering without third party apps or complex modification to use PC's internet. It's too important. I wan't to connect to pc easily and use PC's internet. I had this option on my Revolution HD as "Internet pass trough".
- Great battery life is important.
- Bug free in deal with hardware (Sensors, BT, Camera, WiFi,...)

NOT NEEDED:
- Graphical or animated or beautiful interface is not important at all.
- Strange modification and tweaks are not needed. I don't like to change CPU speed, Change GPU settings, sensors sensitivities and ..., I trust to Modder!
- I don't use my phone as a gamer who always plays heavy games. Just daily and businesses tools and typical games and rarely heavy games.

I'm sorry, but I have to agree with what other people have said... it really does depend on the user as to whether they like a ROM or not. I understand that you want the best ROM, but what one person likes, isn't necessarily what someone else will like.

An example is that I don't like Sense ROM's, so used CM7 for a long time (in fact, I didn't really change from that ROM... once or twice, just to try stuff out, but always ended up going back to CM7). I am currently running IceColdSandwich... I was running an older, more buggy, version until last night (as I have not had time to mess with flashing my phone), but updated to the most recent version and have been amazed so far... the battery life seems pretty good... the ROM is stable and features (such as the camera) that didn't work on the earlier version do work on this version.

Perhaps you would benefit from checking out this thread http://androidforums.com/desire-hd-all-things-root/478826-looking-try-new-rom.html - it hasn't had any traffic in a while, but it does give a lot of info on the ROM's (it may not have the most up-to-date ROM's on it though).

Hope that helps a little! :)

Upvote 0
Android Revolution 6.3.2 - look no further. Run the no-sense script if you so desire.

I use this ROM.

Battery life is great for this hardware. Take a car charger, mains charger, solar panel charger or portable battery with you if you are in danger of running out.

I have call recording working perfectly using CallRecorder 1.1.9 full by skvalex (all other previous versions work too). Are you using the stock dialler or an add-on like Go Contacts EX? These add-ons will prevent consistent operation of the call recording app.

There is no bloatware or spying apps. You can use ROM Cleaner to remove more included apps but there is certainly no bloatware.

Everything on your wish list is there. Take another look.

Reactions: armin3000
Upvote 0
Perhaps you would benefit from checking out this thread http://androidforums.com/desire-hd-all-things-root/478826-looking-try-new-rom.html - it hasn't had any traffic in a while, but it does give a lot of info on the ROM's (it may not have the most up-to-date ROM's on it though).

Hope that helps a little! :)

I'll try and get that updated in the next few days if I have time :D

To answer the original question, I too would have to agree that you need to try several different ROMs (AOSP, Sense, MIUI, ICS) and see which one works for you. I can however recommend you a couple to get started:

Going from what you are after, you could try;

-Oxygen (Gingerbread 2.3.7, -very- fast, no fancy graphics, the whole ROM is only ~65MB so it's lightweight)

-Absolution 3.7 (2.3.7 CM Based, fast, very good battery life, ICS themed but not too flashy, good camera etc) I'm pretty sure it has an internet pass through option

IceColdSandwich (ICS 4.0.4, fast, good battery life, not great for games and quite buggy at times but it's near enough working fully)

Upvote 0
I'll try and get that updated in the next few days if I have time :D

To answer the original question, I too would have to agree that you need to try several different ROMs (AOSP, Sense, MIUI, ICS) and see which one works for you. I can however recommend you a couple to get started:

Going from what you are after, you could try;

-Oxygen (Gingerbread 2.3.7, -very- fast, no fancy graphics, the whole ROM is only ~65MB so it's lightweight)

-Absolution 3.7 (2.3.7 CM Based, fast, very good battery life, ICS themed but not too flashy, good camera etc) I'm pretty sure it has an internet pass through option

IceColdSandwich (ICS 4.0.4, fast, good battery life, not great for games and quite buggy at times but it's near enough working fully)

You say it's ICS isn't good for games? Do you recommend a rom that is?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones