• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need help choosing a new phone!!!

O well here is the deal, I have a Samsung galaxy mega 6.3 from metro pcs, I actually like it a lot but the battery life is not that good and I dont want to carry an extra battery with me, actually I got tired of it. Now im struggling, I want another phone but im not sure which, well metro pcs branded phones are the galaxy gama but I only like the s5 and that thing is 600, I love big screens so I was looking up the xperia z ultra and I found out that it works on metro but the battery life is not good either. Then I came up to the Huawei ascend mate 2 4g, I heard the download speeds are very good also and it has one of the best batteries out there but the processor speed is not that good and is not full hd, so im still debating. Then my other option was the galaxy note 3, the processor is good and the battery is not that bad but the screen is not as big as I would like it to be and also is getting old. So thats why I came to ask for help, any other suggestions will be welcome or anothe phablet with the ability to work with lte on metro, I know many tmobile phones work on metro as long as they are not locked. Well thanks in advance...

I faced the same decision, and finally committed to the HAM 2. Its a generic box that you can mod till you have what you want.

I unlocked the booltoader the first day.

The next day, I rooted and did a severe delete of bloat and launch wear.

I installed ADW (the best aftermarket launcher!) and rebuilt the app set.

The benchmark went up a few hundred.

Who could go back to one hander now?!

And when ROMS start publishing this phone will launch.

Granted, because of insignificant hardware limitations, there is only so much you can improve the HAM 2 with mods and ROMS. But if peoples evaluation has been reduced to some irrelevant AN TUTU stats, then they need to get out of their rooms and go look at some trees!

Upvote 0
I have the mega as well but i find the battery life to be great. Can easily go 24 hours with light use. When i unplug and go to work, with lift use after about 9 to 10 hours i still have 75 to 80 percent left, with moderate use i usually have 65 to 75 percent left. I'd say most other high end phones out the will have worse battery life due to higher resolution screens and faster processors with more cores combined with smaller batteries.

Upvote 0
I faced the same decision, and finally committed to the HAM 2. Its a generic box that you can mod till you have what you want.

I unlocked the booltoader the first day.

The next day, I rooted and did a severe delete of bloat and launch wear.

I installed ADW (the best aftermarket launcher!) and rebuilt the app set.

The benchmark went up a few hundred.

Who could go back to one hander now?!

And when ROMS start publishing this phone will launch.

Granted, because of insignificant hardware limitations, there is only so much you can improve the HAM 2 with mods and ROMS. But if peoples evaluation has been reduced to some irrelevant AN TUTU stats, then they need to get out of their rooms and go look at some trees!
What is a HAM 2?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones