• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need help fixing my partitioned sd card

I need some help .i rooted my lg stylo 2 no problem ..well i wanted to free up some space so i read i needed to make seperate partition so downloaded mini partition wizard put my sd card in computer .went fine or i thought it did .i put back in my phone .and its telling me sd card corupt to format but i didnt. So i downloaded link2sd to move apps.i nove few of them and i get this msg popup .so i downloaded magisk and tried to flash it .with twrp and it wont flash it .so im kinda stuck dont no what to start with i think my problem started when i partitioned the sd card i think i did it wrong somehow so if anyone can help or point me in right direction would apreaciate it thank
Screenshot_2019-02-28-11-45-49.png

I need some help .i rooted my lg stylo 2 no problem ..well i wanted to free up some space so i read i needed to make seperate partition so downloaded mini partition wizard put my sd card in computer .went fine or i thought it did .i put back in my phone .and its telling me sd card corupt to format but i didnt. So i downloaded link2sd to move apps.i nove few of them and i get this msg popup .so i downloaded magisk and tried to flash it .with twrp and it wont flash it .so im kinda stuck dont no what to start with i think my problem started when i partitioned the sd card i think i did it wrong somehow so if anyone can help or point me in right direction would apreaciate it thank View attachment 140126

iirc you have to open link2sd and go into settings to format amd mount the second partion before you move things. I stopped using link2sd over a year ago because I started having nothing but problems with it.

Reactions: bcrichster
Upvote 0
I need some help .i rooted my lg stylo 2 no problem ..well i wanted to free up some space so i read i needed to make seperate partition so downloaded mini partition wizard put my sd card in computer .went fine or i thought it did .i put back in my phone .and its telling me sd card corupt to format but i didnt. So i downloaded link2sd to move apps.i nove few of them and i get this msg popup .so i downloaded magisk and tried to flash it .with twrp and it wont flash it .so im kinda stuck dont no what to start with i think my problem started when i partitioned the sd card i think i did it wrong somehow so if anyone can help or point me in right direction would apreaciate it thank View attachment 140126

Put sdcard in PC and right click to open menu, then format to something totally different using the Slow Format option the 1st time.. It's usually in xfat or fat32 and I format to something like ext3. When done, I format to another like NTFS, then to ext4. And lastly back to fat32.. Should be good afterwards. That process works well for USB flash drives as well

Upvote 0
iirc you have to open link2sd and go into settings to format amd mount the second partion before you move things. I stopped using link2sd over a year ago because I started having nothing but problems with it.

Yep, agreed. Link2SD has been the bane of sdcards for awhile. TBH, the sdcards can't really read/write at the speed and durability of the actual android device's capabilities and just wears the out extremely fast. I burned up several 64GB sdcards and one 128GB version before I caught on and quit. Haven't had a problem out of them since..

Upvote 0
Put sdcard in PC and right click to open menu, then format to something totally different using the Slow Format option the 1st time.. It's usually in xfat or fat32 and I format to something like ext3. When done, I format to another like NTFS, then to ext4. And lastly back to fat32.. Should be good afterwards. That process works well for USB flash drives as well

Sorry for sounding like total nube but do all you explained using the mini partition wizard?

Upvote 0
Sorry for sounding like total nube but do all you explained using the mini partition wizard?

U no what im just gona start all over ..lol i had even used comand prompt to selct disk part clean it .create primary .then format =fs32. I got error saying virtual disk error there is not enough space for .....so if anyone can direct me to a link so i can fix that issue ..1st would aprecuate it thank guys

Upvote 0
U no what im just gona start all over ..lol i had even used comand prompt to selct disk part clean it .create primary .then format =fs32. I got error saying virtual disk error there is not enough space for .....so if anyone can direct me to a link so i can fix that issue ..1st would aprecuate it thank guys

Are you getting the error on Pc or your phone? I would recommend this app over link2sd

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=in.co.pricealert.apps2sd

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones