• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root need help i bricked my stylo

If your on Boost or Virgin and had Android 6.0 you will NEED to send your phone to LG. It's free, they email you the shipping label. You just need to print the label, sign the agreement, get a small box ($1 at walmart), some bubble wrap or newspaper, and then drop it off at a FedEx shipping place.

Request a repair at LG's website:
https://www.lg.com/us/support/repair-service/schedule-repair

...don't admit to trying to root it, just say you got a system update and after that it rebooted with the secure boot error. They will reflash it and ship it back in about a week. You can track the repair process on thier website. Remember to take off your screen protector!
Wrong its not free its about 40$-50$

Upvote 0
Wrong its not free its about 40$-50$
I beg to differ because I never paid anything nor did other Boost/VM users on here. Unless you tell them you were trying to root, its covered under a 1yr warrantee.

I don't know your situation but me and others here had it fixed for free... After bricking using Kingroot.

Did you send it to LG with a warrantee claim or just bring it to some repair shop?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones