• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need help: No caller sound after flashing Carbon rom?

TerrorTom

Lurker
Oct 22, 2016
I have another problem:

I flashed both the sd and the no-sd version on my L70 D320n.:mad:
Only, when i get or make a call, i have absolutely NO SOUND??

I mean, i can't hear the caller, and they can't hear me. Normal sounds are working, music plays, soundrecorder works, but no caller sound.....

Had a lot of headaches getting it to install so would be a real b*tch if i had to flash another rom, because without call sounds, it's just a mp4 player.... Suggestions?

Any help would be great!!

Thanks in advance,

TerrorTom :wtfdroid:

Last edited:
What recovery did you use to install this rom? Was it CWM or TWRP?
Such annoying things may happen when the recovery is outdated. Older recoveries cannot properly handle install scripts so we've had many similar reports in the past. TWRP is a must for this ROM.
If it's not the case, try installing this ROM from scratch, I mean, full-wipe everything and flash it again.

Upvote 0
Used latest version TWRP, couldn't get older version to work at all.
Had to replace aboot.bin though (purple screen error) did full-wipe, formatted the whole thing and tried it again and again, 3 versions of Carbon, sd, no-sd, etc.

Unfortunately couldn't get any of them to work, everything works just fine, only issue is the sound.
Caller can't hear me and i don't hear them. All other sounds are working, so that's okay.

Got tired trying, flashed SlimKat rom today, which runs smooth and stable so far, no issue with caller sound, could call and be called. Too bad, i really wanted it to work, liked the Carbon rom.... :-(

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
First time i did indeed use CWM, but that got me nowhere fast.
Got stuck in bootloop, key combo didn't work anymore, couldn't boot into recovery.....

Had to push another recovery.img to phone and then use "fastboot boot recovery.img" to get it to boot into recovery instead of bootloop....

So i had to format the whole thing and completely install TWRP and Carbon from scratch.

Tried:
  • flashing only Rom (without wiping cache/dalvik and with wipe)
  • flashing Rom and Gapps (Again with and without wipe after install)
  • Wiping everything, including system before installation.
  • Used TWRP 3.0.2 and 2.8.7 (kept 3, ofcourse)
  • Reinstall everything from scratch.....
  • Even tried to install via ADB...... :spitoutdroid:
So, now my head exploded :wtfdroid: and i flashed SlimKat (5.1.1) which is fine, but i really, really liked Carbon.... :(

Upvote 0
First time i did indeed use CWM, but that got me nowhere fast.
Got stuck in bootloop, key combo didn't work anymore, couldn't boot into recovery.....

Had to push another recovery.img to phone and then use "fastboot boot recovery.img" to get it to boot into recovery instead of bootloop....

So i had to format the whole thing and completely install TWRP and Carbon from scratch.

Tried:
  • flashing only Rom (without wiping cache/dalvik and with wipe)
  • flashing Rom and Gapps (Again with and without wipe after install)
  • Wiping everything, including system before installation.
  • Used TWRP 3.0.2 and 2.8.7 (kept 3, ofcourse)
  • Reinstall everything from scratch.....
  • Even tried to install via ADB...... :spitoutdroid:
So, now my head exploded :wtfdroid: and i flashed SlimKat (5.1.1) which is fine, but i really, really liked Carbon.... :(

If are were you, I would stop trying Carbon at this point :D
For almost 3 years I've tested each and every custom rom for l70. Some of them work flawlessly and some would go crazy no matter what you do. This is why they are marked as unofficial roms.
Go for official Nameless 2.1 or official cm13. You'll be happier then ever :D
BTW. Kitkat is rather outdated now. Let's leave it to rest..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones