1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Need help please...No Sound from speaker

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by derekfaze, Jul 3, 2011.

1. derekfaze

derekfaze Lurker
    None

Jul 3, 2011
    I have had my Prevail for about five weeks. Mid call with my speaker phone on the sound dropped out and now I get no sound with anything. I know it is not in silent mode. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Derek

Advertisement

2. Viet1982

Viet1982 Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 17, 2011
    Student
    New Orleans

I really don't have any immediate suggestions to fix on the spot but maybe it was just a bad speaker during the manufacturing process? If that is the case then you would need to get it serviced.

How loud did you have it set on speaker? Is your normal speaker that you place to your ear working?

3. derekfaze

derekfaze Lurker
    None

Jul 3, 2011
    The loud speaker was set around half way and the ear speaker still works. Everything else still works fine.:thinking:

4. Viet1982

Viet1982 Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 17, 2011
    Student
    New Orleans
    Yea that is odd. For a minute there I thought well maybe he had it on full blast and blew his speaker out but then I've never heard of anyone blowing out their phone speakers. Maybe it's a loose wire or something but again I'm not that great at diagnosing just trying to help ya pin point it. Hopefully someone else could throw their 2 cents in?

5. mkbkr1

mkbkr1 Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 15, 2011
    Sunset, Louisiana
    Do your games and music still play sound through the speaker? If so, the problem isn't with your hardware. You can try to reset your phone and see if this helps.

6. jackel7777

jackel7777 Lurker
    None

Jul 7, 2011
    The speakerphone just stopped working on my samsung galaxy prevail. I have had the phone for 5 weeks as well. So frustrating!!!

7. derekfaze

derekfaze Lurker
    None

Jul 3, 2011
    No sound comes out regardless of the app. It has to be hardware, and if im not the only one, then there will probably be more.

8. satisfiedme

satisfiedme Lurker
    None

Jul 24, 2013
    Hi! My volume on my android prevail went out it only vibrates no type of ring what do I need do too get back can you please help

9. TigerRussell

TigerRussell Guest
    None

Oct 7, 2013
    I had a problem with media starting and stopping, and no sound from youtube, although I had sound from ringtones, so I knew the physical speaker worked. After some research, I did a factory reset. No luck. I uninstalled all apps. No luck. So I did a 5 minute battery pull. No luck. Finally, I did an overnight battery pull = remove battery for 8 hours. Woke up, and assembled the battery to phone. My homescreen had 2 old icons that were right on right before I deleted the apps the night before. Maybe there is a buffer stack overflow in the droid deletion routine? (question for the devs). And so to continue, I started up my tunein radio and the sound and program work perfectly! Long story short, just try taking the battery out for 8 hours to fix your phone! ;-)

10. ausmann717

ausmann717 Lurker
    None

Jun 26, 2014
    I just bought a samsung prevail 2 yesterday. What a BIG mistake ! :(
    The speakerphone will not work and the media speakers will not work. All i can do is make a call and hear it in the ear piece. Besides that.. nothing. NO ringtone, NO notifications, NO nothing. Im definitely very upset. I went into all the settings and everything is normal. nothing is muted. This is outrageous.