• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need Help Re-installing App

I bought an Audubon Birds Field Guide app for my Droid X and installed it, in addition to a ton of other free apps. Unfortunately the Droid died and I got a new one from VZ. When I took the new DX to the VZ store to set it up the guy said I should be able to restore all the apps I had installed, including the one I bought, but none of them showed up on the phone.

He was not really all that helpful and told me to contact Audubon about replacing the app. I just did that, but I am concerned that none of the apps I had already installed showed up on the new DX. I am not sure what to do next; or if I had done something wrong.

I bought an Audubon Birds Field Guide app for my Droid X and installed it, in addition to a ton of other free apps. Unfortunately the Droid died and I got a new one from VZ. When I took the new DX to the VZ store to set it up the guy said I should be able to restore all the apps I had installed, including the one I bought, but none of them showed up on the phone.

He was not really all that helpful and told me to contact Audubon about replacing the app. I just did that, but I am concerned that none of the apps I had already installed showed up on the new DX. I am not sure what to do next; or if I had done something wrong.

If you downloaded your apps from the android market you should be able to install them back. Granted not all apps have showed up in mine. Recently I changed phones and had to reinstall all of my apps using My Back Up Pro. Some of my apps I had to reinstall from the market again. Luckily they where free apps :eek:!

To do this go to the market app and under menu you will have a downloads button. Click on that and it should give you a list of apps you have purchased or downloaded. I can't tell you about installing apps without My Back Up Pro but hope this helped. Oh yeah, I am using a Motorola Droid.

I hope you will have your list of apps in the downloads section of the market app. Good luck! :)

Upvote 0
1. I have never had a problem reinstalling paid apps as they always just in in my Downloads and wait to be installed.
2. The free apps will be in the Downloads section only during the first time you open the Market. If you want to install them do that one by one without closing the Market, you close the Market and they are gone.
3. I use Listables! app to just list all of my apps and send it to myself via emails. When changing phones I open the file and click on each link that takese me straight to the app's page in the Market and I install it, press the back button that takes me back to the file and I press the next app and so on and so forth.
4. You can also you Appbrain app and create a backup list on their website and go to the website and place all your installed apps in that list. When you change the phone/ format it you just go to appbrain and move the apps from backup list to the default one and they will all get installed.

Upvote 0

Hi Ragebot,

You should be able to re-download Audubon Birds and not have to pay again. The payment went through your gmail account so if you used the same gmail all your information should still be there allowing you to reinstall it. All paid apps should recognize your gmail account.

If you have any more questions about Audubon Birds please email us at Feedback@greenmtd.com

-Justine Community Manager @ GMD

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones