• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need help: Rooting Samsung Galaxy Spica

saxoni

Lurker
Nov 16, 2010
Hey guys. Ive been trying to root my Samsung Galaxy Spica for a couple of days now, without any luck. I am using this walkthrough: http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/...eshaks-kernel/

I have followed the steps as it sais, and everything works until I run Odin Multi Downloader v4.03. As I push "Start", I get this message:

Download Start...
<0> Create File...
<1> StartThread Detected : 1
<2> StartThread Detected : 0
<3> StartThread Detected : 0
<4> StartThread Detected : 0
<5> StartThread Detected : 0
<6> StartThread Detected : 0
<7> StartThread Detected : 0
<8> StartThread Detected : 0
<1> --- cannot open the usb serial port. code: 5

Because of what the last line sais, <1> --- cannot open the usb serial port. code: 5, Im thinking there might be a problem with my USB connection. Has anyone had this problem, and managed to fix it?
Please help me, cause right now it seems like Im outta luck!

Thanks!

Okay, so I made the rooting, and I also managed to innstall the android 2.2 on my spica. That was probably not that smart, as I figured out I've got no sound on the phone, and the sensors doesnt work.

So as I connect my USB, nothing happens, and I wont even get that mark on the top of my screen, where I can choose to connect it to my PC.
I do have the debug thing on.

Any answers?

Upvote 0
Never mind guys, I figured it out. I found out that my computer has a microSD input, so I just put the memorycard inside there, instead of trying to make it with the USB. By the way guys, if anyone of you want to root your Galaxy Spica, and update it to Android 2.2, use these two links:

Root Samsung Galaxy Spica i5700 With LeshaK&#8217;s Kernel (Rooting)

Install Android 2.2 Froyo CM 6 Custom ROM On Samsung i5700 Spica [Working Multi-Touch, GPS, Bluetooth, Sensors] (Updating to 2.2)
This version of 2.2 has made the sound come back, which means you may listen to music and call your friends or mom!

Upvote 0
I've got a similar problem, except code 87
odinproblem.jpg

using Odin v.4.03

any ideas?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones