1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Need help transferring data from cracked screen phone to Geek Squad replacement

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by jmac1183, Sep 26, 2014.

1. jmac1183

jmac1183 Lurker

I recently dropped my phone and cracked the glass. Only the glass is cracked, the lcd is fine. I have the GeekSquad protection through Best Buy so I went in and filed a claim. They told me they will have a replacement shipped in and that they will call me to come in an swap them out. My question is how do I transfer all of my data from the old one to the new. I want to be able to keep it exactly the same (app data, sms log, call, log etc.) How do I go about doing this. I have seen some info about using Helium but I am unsure if this will work for me because won't I need both phones at the same time to do this? The tech at Best Buy made it seem like I need to back my stuff up before going in and exchanging?

Any info I how I can do this properly? The phone is a Note 2 BTW.

Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. xdrc45

xdrc45 Android Enthusiast

Hi jmac1182,
    You could try Scary Alien's excellant AF rescue app to try and recover all of your data from from your Note 2 using his AF Rescue app... it is designed to try and recover data from device's with damaged screens.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=sa.launcher2

Give this a try and hopefully you will be able to recover the data from your note 2. Good luck! :thumbup:
    If you need any help or have any questions feel free to ask or even contact Scary Alien for further assistance.