• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need help transferring data from cracked screen phone to Geek Squad replacement

jmac1183

Lurker
Apr 3, 2013
I recently dropped my phone and cracked the glass. Only the glass is cracked, the lcd is fine. I have the GeekSquad protection through Best Buy so I went in and filed a claim. They told me they will have a replacement shipped in and that they will call me to come in an swap them out. My question is how do I transfer all of my data from the old one to the new. I want to be able to keep it exactly the same (app data, sms log, call, log etc.) How do I go about doing this. I have seen some info about using Helium but I am unsure if this will work for me because won't I need both phones at the same time to do this? The tech at Best Buy made it seem like I need to back my stuff up before going in and exchanging?

Any info I how I can do this properly? The phone is a Note 2 BTW.

Thanks!

I recently dropped my phone and cracked the glass. Only the glass is cracked, the lcd is fine. I have the GeekSquad protection through Best Buy so I went in and filed a claim. They told me they will have a replacement shipped in and that they will call me to come in an swap them out. My question is how do I transfer all of my data from the old one to the new. I want to be able to keep it exactly the same (app data, sms log, call, log etc.) How do I go about doing this. I have seen some info about using Helium but I am unsure if this will work for me because won't I need both phones at the same time to do this? The tech at Best Buy made it seem like I need to back my stuff up before going in and exchanging?

Any info I how I can do this properly? The phone is a Note 2 BTW.

Thanks!

Hi jmac1182,
You could try Scary Alien's excellant AF rescue app to try and recover all of your data from from your Note 2 using his AF Rescue app... it is designed to try and recover data from device's with damaged screens.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=sa.launcher2

Give this a try and hopefully you will be able to recover the data from your note 2. Good luck! :thumbup:
If you need any help or have any questions feel free to ask or even contact Scary Alien for further assistance.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones