1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

need help with root+lag fix+gps fix

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by m4r10, Aug 16, 2010.

1. m4r10

m4r10 Member

I've been following this forum since I started researching what phone to buy and now that my Vibrant will arrive tomorrow I have been searching on here how to root the phone, perform lag fix and gps fix in that order. I do not wish to mess with the rom.
    After the search I found a couple of links to xda to download what I needed but it looks like I don't have enough user privileges yet.
    Can someone let me know where I can find detailed instructions for a noob and where to get the files?
    (my first post)

wait, wait. just found more info to go through under "everything root" section.

2. VegasTouch

VegasTouch Android Enthusiast

You know if you root the phone you wont get the OTA 2.2 upgrade, right? But, you can get it through rooting but it will be a beta version i believe. I could be wrong on that.

3. m4r10

m4r10 Member

I believe that I've read that you will still be able to receive OTA updates as long as you don't flash the ROM.
    I only found a download to be able to root. I'm still looking for the lag fix and gps fix.

4. aci78

aci78 Well-Known Member

Just have to flash back to original firmware prior to attempting the 2.2 upgrade. There is a link via xda site.

5. m4r10

m4r10 Member

Samsung Vibrant Forum

The Samsung Vibrant release date was August 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

August 2010
Release Date
Reviews