• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need help with rooting

jiggy79

May 17, 2010
I ran all the drivers and ran the reflash package and select hboot usb and then it changed to hboot usb plug....now for some reason it says it needs to install the android 1.0 software and its saying that I don't have the drivers. HTC Sync is installed on my laptop..should I take it off or keep it on. Any suggestions to get past this to install the android 1.0 so that the software can root my phone (unrevoked)

ya you need to fallow the hboot wiki.
but I think I read some where that you do not not to complete the whole process to just simply root your phone.. as long as you have adb interface you sould be ok(now I have never tried to root this way so I may be wrong its just to getting device manager to show"boot loader interface" requires a little more work and I think that is solely for being able to you ms-dos).. but just to root I think NIKI had mentioned other day that adb interface works for rooting.
its good that you installed HTC sync cause the DRIVERS help you PC communicate with your phone but the actual program needs to go it interferes with UNREVOKED.

Upvote 0
try it a few times and see if will succeed. sometimes it takes unrevoked a few times to get it right. after a few times check and see if you have s-off (power off and press and hold power+vol down). i have seen it a few times where it will root your phone but failed to give you a custom recovery. we can get a custom recovery onto your phone if you have s-off.

Upvote 0
I really don't understand why its not working..any suggestions

check this first: plug your phone( Fully booted up) in to your USB. then go to your device manager and post back what it says as far as your port is concerned.. also Ocean is spot on. I rooted a phone couple of months ago that I had to run the UNREVOKED program 4 times before it stuck..just heads up

Upvote 0
check this first: plug your phone( Fully booted up) in to your USB. then go to your device manager and post back what it says as far as your port is concerned.. also Ocean is spot on. I rooted a phone couple of months ago that I had to run the UNREVOKED program 4 times before it stuck..just heads up

Funny, I ran unrevoked more f...... times and it never worked:thinking:, so I ran Auto-Root and it worked flawlessly

Upvote 0
I meant to say unrevoked forever zip and what's this auto root. I also tried an older version of unrevoked 3.21 and that didn't work.

UN revoked 3 is all you need un revoked forever is for something else, it just provides s off but leaves you no recovery or rooted ROM. You can find auto root on xda but do you have s off now? If so auto root is unnecessary.

Upvote 0
s-off is not enabled..Its still set at s-on..I ran reflash so many times I lost count..and it keeps coming up with the message failed to flash recovery image. htc sync is uninstalled, i tried setting the usb option to disk drive rather than charge only. disable my antivirus. All of the drivers are installed..I feel like this phone is cursed.

Upvote 0
s-off is not enabled..Its still set at s-on..I ran reflash so many times I lost count..and it keeps coming up with the message failed to flash recovery image. htc sync is uninstalled, i tried setting the usb option to disk drive rather than charge only. disable my antivirus. All of the drivers are installed..I feel like this phone is cursed.

This happened to me, never understood what the problem was but like I said, I ran the Auto Root script and everything worked perfect. All phones are different

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones