• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need help with transferring apps to new sd card

RX-78-2

Jul 31, 2011
Hello guys,
I recently bought a new micro sd card and I was wondering how to transfer my apps/music/videos from my old sd card to the new one.

Do I connect it to the pc and copy everything to the new card?

Also, could I re-download all my apps from the market without having to pay for them again?

Hello guys,
I recently bought a new micro sd card and I was wondering how to transfer my apps/music/videos from my old sd card to the new one.

Do I connect it to the pc and copy everything to the new card?

Also, could I re-download all my apps from the market without having to pay for them again?

I don't think you'll be able to move over apps. But for everything else, just move it over on your PC. If you paid for an app once, it'll appear in the market under My Apps as installable.

Upvote 0
I don't think you'll be able to move over apps. But for everything else, just move it over on your PC. If you paid for an app once, it'll appear in the market under My Apps as installable.

If you are rooted you can just make a Titanium Backup and all apps and data will copy over. You could also move all your apps to the phone's sd card and then move them back after placing the new card in.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones