• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help need help - worth $$

speedilad

May 6, 2010
Anyone using the paid for myday app from Peaks Small Business (peaksbr.com) knows that since the newest droid OS update to 2.3, the app will not work (a password error is displayed even if user didn't use a password).

It seems the developer has abandoned the application. The web site is not accessible and the support email gets no response.

I don't know if it is possible, but I am suggesting that another developer can make some money by creating an app to recover users data from myday. I would be willing to pay someone to help me get my data...

I will post this message at the androidlib site under myday to see if anyone else might be willing to pay for some help...

My particular droid is an incredible... Thanks for anyone providing help... Jim

The only workaround I can think of would be extensive, at best.

You would need to obtain root, run a titanium backup to save the app files, downgrade to 2.2, re-root, load the titanium backup to get your data, then either go back to a 2.3.4 nandroid backup or reset to stock and upgrade to 2.3.4 all over again. If the app is that important you could stay at 2.2, but titanium requires root.

The starting point would be: http://androidforums.com/incredible-all-things-root/427344-2-3-4-root-downgrade-s-off.html

Once you get to the bottom of step 2 is when you would make the titanium backup, then proceed to the downgrade.

If you're not interested in keeping root follow the directions in this thread after you recover your data: http://androidforums.com/incredible-all-things-root/181255-how-downgrade-official-2-2-a.html

If you'd like extra detail on anything in this thread feel free to ask. I won't elaborate for now because that's a lot of detail no matter which direction you choose to go.

Upvote 0
Alternatively, because I just thought of it. Couldn't he just gain root/clockwork with unrevoked 3.22, flash to a 2.2 rom and load the app up there? That way he wouldn't have to worry about adb commands if he's not comfortable with them.

I'm asking because obviously I'm not sure. I know you can't revert firmware with s-on but I'm assuming you can flash backwards in roms...

Upvote 0
Alternatively, because I just thought of it. Couldn't he just gain root/clockwork with unrevoked 3.22, flash to a 2.2 rom and load the app up there? That way he wouldn't have to worry about adb commands if he's not comfortable with them.

I'm asking because obviously I'm not sure. I know you can't revert firmware with s-on but I'm assuming you can flash backwards in roms...

Yeah, that should be possible too. Good thinking.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones