• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need specialty cable for android

A

Android Question

Hey, I've got a Samsung Galaxy s2 and desperately need a male to male audio cable WITH remote/mic to connect to my snowboard helmet...Any such thing? I know they make loads of them for (ugh) iphones, but obviously that won't work...help?

Male to go into the earphone jack of the phone to ... same connector, but with a mic on the cable somewhere? If you want something like that made, or they make it for the helmet, it'll probably cost as much as a good phone.

If there's an electronics course at your local high school, or a ham rdio club, someone can probably do it for you for the price of the parts and whatever you'd like to reward him with. ($25 would be a nice amount for a neat job.) The cable should run about in the $10 range. Since I don't know what you mean by remote/mic I won't speculate.

If you're talking about a remote headset (use the phone in your pocket with the headset/mic/button in the helmet, buy a $10 wired remote. (Or do they cost a bit more these days? The cheaper ones still cost the distributors less than a buck.)

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones