1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Need specialty cable for android

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Android Question

None
    Hey, I've got a Samsung Galaxy s2 and desperately need a male to male audio cable WITH remote/mic to connect to my snowboard helmet...Any such thing? I know they make loads of them for (ugh) iphones, but obviously that won't work...help?

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    Male to go into the earphone jack of the phone to ... same connector, but with a mic on the cable somewhere? If you want something like that made, or they make it for the helmet, it'll probably cost as much as a good phone.

If there's an electronics course at your local high school, or a ham rdio club, someone can probably do it for you for the price of the parts and whatever you'd like to reward him with. ($25 would be a nice amount for a neat job.) The cable should run about in the $10 range. Since I don't know what you mean by remote/mic I won't speculate.

If you're talking about a remote headset (use the phone in your pocket with the headset/mic/button in the helmet, buy a $10 wired remote. (Or do they cost a bit more these days? The cheaper ones still cost the distributors less than a buck.)

scary alien likes this.