• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root need (un)rooting assistance.

garrett777

Lurker
Apr 19, 2012
I've done some searching on the site and there is a lot of options to unroot the evo 4g, I am selling mine because I have the 3d but I need to unroot it completely for the guy to buy it. All the downloads I have come across are no longer available because of the mega upload shut down or whatever. Does anyone have the zips they can send me to do a full unroot, I lost my system recovery some how when I unrooted my wifes evo when she sold hers.

I've done some searching on the site and there is a lot of options to unroot the evo 4g, I am selling mine because I have the 3d but I need to unroot it completely for the guy to buy it. All the downloads I have come across are no longer available because of the mega upload shut down or whatever. Does anyone have the zips they can send me to do a full unroot, I lost my system recovery some how when I unrooted my wifes evo when she sold hers.

welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!!
when you unroot your phone you will be left with the stock recovery which you do not have access to.

we need some info from you. what is your hboot version and what is your baseband? best thing to do is just type in what you see on thebootloader menu. to get there you must power off (make sure that fastboot is disabled, setting>apps>uncheck fastboot) then press and hold power+vol down. this will take you to the bootloader. report back with what you see and then we can point you in the right direction.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones